Nice and warm, welcome back to the good weather.
- Reminder: PLEASE wash the windscreen of your airplane when you park it, it’s easiest to get the bugs off when they’re still gooey. There are rags and Pledge/Lemon Spray in each airplane for that purpose. This is a courtesy and a safety item – bugs on the windshield can easily interfere with spotting airplanes.
- The airport informed me that they are getting tired of picking up the fuel dipstick for the 150. They found it on the runway yesterday (!). 150 pilots and CFIs, please use extra care to account for the dipstick prior to starting the engine.
- The 170 and 150 are back online.
- The 150 has a minor oil leak, I am awaiting new oil line to repair it. The leak appears to be coming from a return line from the air-oil separator for the crankcase breather, it is not a critical issue… just a bit messy.
- I (Jeff Fouche) reached a milestone in my own career this last weekend. I surpassed 1000 hrs of flying experience. What a ride it has been – over half of that total is dual given. I could not have done it without you, loyal customers of Latitude. Thanks so much, and here’s to the next 1000!
- The Champ appears to be suffering from a charging system issue… again. Since the battery is arguably more of an option on this airplane, it will remain in service, but MUST be plugged in to charge in between flights. See Jeff on this procedure. We’ll be diagnosing and fixing the issue as time allows.
Enjoy the good weather everyone!