Why choose Latitude for your Fixed Wing Pilot’s License training?
At Latitude Aviation, we recognize that flying is more than airplanes, avgas, and sunny days. For most, it is a dream. We want to be a part of realizing your dream.
- Friendly, positive instruction style that emphasizes the fun side of aviation while maintaining the essential safety, skills, and mindset that makes a good pilot.
- Personalized instruction that ensures you know how much progress you’ve made, what you’re doing right, and what needs improvement.
- Accessible airplanes and instructors make sure that when it’s time to fly, you can book the airplane and instructor and go. No waiting for the call back, no missed opportunities.
- Your achievement is our achievement. We know we did our job when you are succeeding.
- Yes, we’re in this to make money. Might as well say it, because we need to put food on our tables too. We also, however, believe that our success as a school is assured when our students feel like they’ve gotten good value for their hard-earned dollar by learning, achieving, and ultimately flying on their own – not feeling like they’ve been milked along for every last dime. You will find your progress tracked on a syllabus, with constant feedback from preflight and postflight debriefs, with no guessing about where you are and what comes next.
- Our most powerful statements come from our customers:
- “I liked that [Latitude] had a system so I knew what I was getting, but kept a relaxed atmosphere that helped me relax and earn my certificate.” – Thomas
- “I loved earning my Private Pilot License in a tailwheel airplane… and Latitude’s flexible schedule helped me achieve. Latitude also changed things up to keep me motivated and coming back.” – Sean
- “Latitude has a varied, diverse pool of instructors that provided me with a well-rounded experience.” – Darcy
Come and fly with us, and experience the feeling that comes from instructors that loves flying maybe more than you do.
Latitude Aviation is dedicated to providing exceptional flight instruction in an efficient manner that creates safe, competent pilots. We measure our success by how our students talk about us to their friends as well as the public about aviation and our flight service in particular.
Latitude Aviation seeks to be the premier flight training provider on the Coeur d'Alene airport, providing Private through Commercial and CFI instruction as we grow to a flight academy that serves the North Idaho / Eastern Washington region and beyond.
Latitude Aviation2950 W Cessna Ave Hayden, ID 83835
Drive In Directions:
From Highway 95. go west on Hayden Ave, then North (right turn) on Atlas Rd. Turn East (right turn) on Cessna Ave, it’s ok to go through the fence to see us. Our hangar is white with gray trim, and a sign on the front.
Short Term (ramp, no tie-downs available):
Taxi to Taxiway D, then turn South West on Taxiway D2 abeam the fuel island. Park in the wide turn-around ramp about halfway down. Our hangar is one hangar to the West of the turnaround, on the south side of Taxiway D2. Look for a little fueling trailer next to a white hangar with gray trim. The access door next to the trailer is unlocked during business hours.
Long Term Tie Downs:
Use the West parking lot adjacent taxiways D and F. Tie down close to the vehicle gate. Please pre-arrange with us so we can send a car for you.